- 1/2 cup vegan butter (earth balance, vegan margarine, vegetable shortening, nut butter)
- 1 cup vegan sugar (dark brown muscovado sugar or whatever sugar you prefer)
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 cup + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cream together the vegan butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Whisk together the cornstarch, baking powder, and water until smooth. Mix into the creamed batter.
- Stir in the flour then the chocolate chips until combined.
- Bake at 375ºF until just lightly browned on the edges and middle still looks undercooked. About 8-10 minutes.